Playkey, a leading cloud gaming provider, is contemplating an ICO with the intent of exponentially accelerating the pace of cloud gaming development through decentralization. The aim is to provide gamers with a reasonably-priced opportunity to play top rated games anytime and anywhere, using any device connected to Internet, without having to purchase a high-end PC or console.
The revolution of cloud gaming has picked-up steam, but is still struggling through some obstacles, namely:
• the complicated process of game streaming software development;
• getting approval from game developers and publishers to use their game titles on cloud platforms; • the high cost of hardware (professional GPUs, server equipment, data storage equipment, etc.).
Playkey is based on proven working technology. The team of 45 experienced R&D specialists, collaborate with leading game publishers including Ubisoft, Bethesda and Wargaming. Playkey has a network of 120 Nvidia Grid powered servers based in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Moscow, and is backed by a large European VC fund.
Playkey aims to create an ecosystem for cloud gaming and other use cases (“The Playkey Ecosystem”) featuring:
• Dozens of independent owners of powerful computers worldwide (“miners”) united within a community, and acting as cloud gaming service providers;
• A single universal ecosystem cryptocurrency —the PKT token— which will be issued via the ICO;
• Unified high standards of cloud gaming service (SLA) set in the form of a miner-gamer smart contract;
• A governing and community regulating body — Playkey Foundation, the issuer of the PKT token, responsible for service and ecosystem development. All parties benefit from participating in the Playkey Ecosystem:
• Miners get an efficient option to utilize their computational capacities that is more efficient, more stable, and less risky than cryptocurrency mining;
• Gamers will be able to choose the best and closest server for playing;
• Game developers and publishers will expand their client base.